Our client, a reputable fund services provider with global presence, is looking for Senior Fund Accountant to join their fast growing hedge fund accounting team. The position is responsible for managing the accounting books of an assigned fund. The position will be based in Singapore.
- Handle accounting for assigned moderate to complex funds, including review of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter system reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner.
- Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds. Understanding the pricing methodology and valuation models for applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure absolute accuracy.
- Ensure that balance sheet and profit and loss account are accurately reported on a timely basis within tight deadlines, and makes certain strong internal controls are maintained in accordance with financial policies
- Fully reconcile the month-end trial balance to independent support for the assigned moderate to complex funds
- Prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliation fully supported with source documentation and reported in accordance with relevant accounting standards, Investment Company Audit Guide and accounting policies as appropriate.
- Prepare year end audit financial statements and audit packs
- Work with portfolio manager, traders and other internal teams for the assigned fund to improve knowledge of financial products and trading strategies/process.
- Degree holder in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in hedge fund accounting and/or private equity fund accounting role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team-player, client-focus, ability to work in fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS; Experience in audit and Financial statements preparation desired
- Experience with Advent Geneva would be highly preferred
- Candidates with less experience (1 - 2 years) would be considered for junior positions