Our client is a reputable market information provider with a strong presence in Asia. Due to business growth, they are looking for market analysts to join their team in Pune, India.
- Conducting data collection, model updating/development and analysis of supply and costs across the Indian steel value chain (iron ore, metallurgical coal, coke and steel) as well as the Steel Costs Service
- Provide the India analysis for relevant products
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and market participants domestically and abroad
- Support existing clients with navigation and interpretation of relevant Analysis products through calls and presentationsSupport and work collaboratively within the Coal, Costs and Ferroalloys team, Steel Analysis team, Consulting team
- Provide clear demonstrations of the capability of the Cost Services to prospective clients in support of the sales effort
- A top degree from a leading university in a relevant field e.g. geology, engineering, metallurgy or commerce/economics or similar.
- Proven analytical skills (i.e. ability to critically analyse data and identify trends and key drivers).
- The ability to construct and articulate a well-reasoned and logical argument, evidenced by supporting data and with clearly articulated assumptions.
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- An ability to individually work to strict deadlines and also to deliver products, which include contributions from several analysts, to strict deadlines.
- An analytical mind-set and able to get to grips quickly with the intricacies and complexities of the economics and data that drive our business and strategy.
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Fluent written and spoken English