Our client is an established fund services provider specialized in the alternative investment space. Due to business growth, they are looking for experienced Senior Manager, Hedge Fund Accounting, to join their team. This position is based in Hong Kong.
- Review day-to-day accounting activities including, calculation of daily/monthly NAV (Net Asset Value), compiling standard financial statements, and analysis of regular fund income/expense accrual for assigned funds or those performed by the team.
- Handle accounting for assigned moderate to complex funds.
- Ensure that the NAVs are accurately reported on a timely basis within tight deadlines
- Ensure strong internal controls are maintained in accordance with financial policies
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliation and ensure balance sheet is reported in accordance with relevant standards and policies.
- Review investors allocations and fees calculation
- Prepare yearend audit financial statements and audit packs
- Answer ad-hoc questions from various groups including auditors (internal and external), portfolio managers etc.
- New business onboarding such as fund documentation review, drafting of operating memorandum & pricing policy, trade interface development and systems setup
- Provide adequate coaching and guidance to team members.
- Keep abreast of all alternative investment industry developments and drive any procedural or technology enhancements accordingly
- Bachelor’s in Business, Accounting, Finance, or other Financial-related program. Master’s degree is a plus.
- At least 8+ years of experience in fund accounting and/or fund administration.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office especially Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.